Students are admitted on the basis of their suitability, potential and talent. Students are assessed during a trial class
and placed in a class deemed suitable, the Director's decision being final.
The minimum number of students in a class is 9, the maximum number is 20. If the number falls below
9 DanceWithUs reserves the right to withdraw the course.
It is the studio's policy that all places are offered on merit and no applicant is discriminated against
on the basis of race, colour, nationality, gender or ethnicity.
A limited number of whole or part scholarships are offered solely at the discretion of the Director.
For further information, please contact –
DanceWithUs do not offer refunds for a class missed by a student.
- Anti Bullying Policy
To create an ethos of good behaviour, where our students treat each other and staff with respect.
The school takes bullying very seriously and will seek to prevent it. Our policy is:
- To prevent bullying of any sort.
- To make it clear to all students and staff that bullying is unacceptable.
- To make our students feel that they can dance in a caring and safe environment without fear of being
- Personal Conduct
It is the aim of the school to promote good student conduct at all times both inside and outside of the venues used, in a
manner that shows due regard for their own safety and dignity and that of fellow students, teachers and
Students should behave respectfully to their teachers and classmates at all times and respect any rules
or regulations specific to venues used.
Students must not do or say anything that may be obscene, immoral, harmful or offensive. Minor incidents
of poor behaviour will be dealt with by the class teacher.
Repeated incidents will be reported to parents and the school Director. More serious incidents will
be dealt with directly by the Director and may result in the student being asked to leave the school.
Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. DanceWithUs can accept no liability for
lost or damaged belongings.
- Physical Contact
It is essential in teaching dance for physical contact between teachers and students to take place in class, e.g. in order
to make corrections. It is DanceWithUs policy that:
1. All teachers will treat physical contact with sensitivity and care and with regard to the wishes
of the students.
2. Contact must never involve inappropriate force.
3. Contact is made with the awareness of the needs of the individual students where corrections are
Registers are taken at each class. Students are only released to parents or nominated guardians at the end of a lesson. A
charge is made for late collection of a child where a teacher has had to remain with them. We must receive
notice in writing if a child under 14 will be travelling alone.
- Health and Safety
The Safety and well-being of all students is the highest priority of DanceWithUs. Regular risk assessments are made of all
In-house policies for each venue used are followed.
Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform DanceWithUs and its staff of any existing
injuries or medical condition.
The liability of DanceWithUs and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to
- Concerns and/or Complaints
- It is our aim that both parents and students should feel that any concerns and/or complaints are listened
to and taken seriously and dealt with promptly.
Initial concerns should be emailed to Studio -
More serious complaints communication protocol - Should be sent stating the student's full name and
nature of the concern/ complaint.
In the first instance, you will receive an acknowledgement of your concern raised and we would aim
to have a formal response within five working days.
Complaints/concerns raised via social media will not be acknowledged.
- First Aid
- DanceWithUs teachers will administer first aid where necessary and act in loco parentis. It is mandatory
that parents /guardians sign the medical waiver form provided.
- Personal Information
- All pupils must have a completed and signed Student Agreement Form. It is the parents' responsibility to
keep DanceWithUs updated with any changes of students' details including contact and medical records.
- Class Timetable
- Parents and students should be aware of their own class timetable; details are provided with each term enrolment.
School timetable information is always available on the studio website.
You will be notified via e-mail of any changes to the timetable.
- Payment of Fees
- All fees should be paid in full by the close of business the day before term begins.
Methods of Payment are: Credit or Debit Card; PayPal; Bank Transfer; Cash.
- Where a student is attending any course for the first time the contract can be terminated no later than 4
days after the second course day. Any fees paid, over and above the £30, will be refunded. Termination
will only be accepted when received by DanceWithUs in writing.
Thereafter, the contract automatically continues for the consecutive term unless it is terminated 4
weeks before the end of term. In that case the contract will expire on the last day of the current term.
Termination will only be accepted when received by DanceWithUs.
DanceWithUs reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion. Studio as well reserves
the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff.
- DanceWithUs Show
- All students are expected to take part in our annual show unless prior notice has been given. DanceWithUs
ask that all participants commit fully to the rehearsal programme and performance arrangements.
Solo Choreography is studied in private lessons only.
- DanceWithUs Uniform and Appearance
- All students should attend class in the correct, clean uniform. Girls' hair should be worn up. Jewellery
and make-up should not be worn in class.
Students should wear comfortable sports clothes and shoes. For kids class we recommend to wear ballet
shoes for convenience.
All items maybe purchased from DanceWithUs store.
- Photography & Social Media Policy
- DanceWithUs will from time to time take photographs and film footage of students during class time and in
rehearsal and performance for use in marketing and publicity material, including but not limited to promotional
materials such as brochures, online and print ads, social media promotion and advertising. By signing the
contract upon enrolment you give DanceWithUs permission to use your child’s image in promotional materials.