- General information
This Policy was last updated on 18 August 2018.
unnecessary jargon, while including all the relevant information - but please do e-mail
email@example.com to find out more.
DanceWithUs aims to offer a transparent view as to how we use and store perconal data in line with
the GDPR. We respect the privacy of each user accessing the Website ("you", "your") and are committed to
protecting your privacy. We have structured the Website so that, in general, you can visit and browse the
Website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. We ensure that any personal
set out below.
You may at any time request the personal information that we hold, you may also request for your personal
details to be deleted from our database or to unsibscribe to our marketing e-mails.
We promise to keep your data safe. We do not pass on or sell any data we collect on our website or
mobile application to any other business or persons.
- What personal data we collect and what we do with it
We collect the following personal data from you:
1. Your basic contact details: We collect your full name, e-mail, postal address, telephone number
and website address so that we can contact you about your classe and keep in touch with you from time to
2. Your usage details: We collect your usage data which may include your IP address, DanceWithUs website
username and password, browsing history, searches you've made on our website, any enquires you've made,
etc. This data may be processed for the purpose of analysing the use of our website and services. The legal
basis for this processing is for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, namely monitoring and
improving our website and services.
3. Your payment details: We require your payment card details so that we can collect payment for your
classe(s). You can choose to store this on our website and it is securely managed by Stripe (view their
- How long is your data held
Any personal data you give us, or that we collect when you use DanceWithUs, will be retained by us for as long as it's needed
to perform its function. Registration data is held permanently unless you notify us that you no longer
wish for us to keep your details. There's no one-size-fits-all time limit, but we regularly review the
data we hold to ensure it is still necessary.
- How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. Provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service
2. Ensure we keep our website safe and secure
3. Ensure that we manage our website and services correctly, make enhancements, testing, research,
data analysis and to introduce new services that we believe are of interest to you
4. Carry out our obligations in our terms and conditions and to provide you with the information, courses
and services that you request from us
5. Provide you with information about other services, competitions or courses that you have already
purchased or made enquiries about
6. To provide you with information or services that we believe may be of interest to you
7. Provide you with an enhanced or more personalised experience when using our service
8. Provide customer support services to you
9. Notify you of any changes to the service, our terms and conditions, policies or your account
10. Create and manage Your Personal File
11. Measure and ensure that we are providing You with relevant courses, offers and advertising
12. Fulfil delivery of a class, course or service to you.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any
of our e-mails or by contacting us by telephone: 07738732668 or e-mail:
- How We Use Your Information
Our web site uses the data we collect for three basic purposes: to operate our business and provide (including improving
and personalizing) the services we offer, to send communications, including promotional communications,
and to display advertising. In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect through the various
web site services you use to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. However,
to enhance privacy, we have built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain
data combinations. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed
in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address
or phone number.
- How we store your personal data
Your data is stored by our web hosting company Amazon AWS, our CRM provider Hubspot, our e-mail service provider MailChimp.
Unless you have turned cookies off, some data technology and social media companies (such as Google and
Facebook) store your cookies; they do not have access to any personal information about you beyond your
The way we store and process data is compliant with the UK 1998 Data Protection Act, the 2018 EU General
Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other relevant pieces of legislation. We always aim to comply both
with the spirit as well as the letter of the law and to be responsible with your data.
- Links to other websites
not apply to those other websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices
of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk. We urge you to read other
we can. You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accpting
cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's
websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
- Subject access requests
- If you'd like you can ask us to provide details of the personal information we hold about you, under the
Data Protection Act 1998.
To request this information, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under GDPR, we have to provide you, as a "data subject", with a readable copy of all personal data
which we may hold about you, free of charge within a month of receiving your written request for us to
provide it. Evidence or proof of your identity (for example, a copy of your passport, driver's licence
or current bills) may be required.
It is both in our interst and yours to store and process accurate personal data. If the data we hold
about you is inaccurate in any way, where appropriate, you may have your personal data corrected by us
on request by having it: Completed; Amended; and/or Erased.
Please contact us to update any of your personal data or to request access to your personal data by
writing to email@example.com
- If you have any feedback or questions about our use of your personal information or about this online Privacy
Policy, please send us an e-mail to